Layout

Monday, June 13, 2011

Watermelon Basket Floral Arrangement




I LOVE fresh flowers in my home, so thought I would turn a watermelon into a basket floral arrangement. 

Here is my step by step tutorial on how to make your very own 
Watermelon Basket Floral Arrangement 

Materials:
Giant watermelon
Sharp kitchen knife
pen
floral foam
fresh flowers

1.
 To begin, I traced a half circle on both sides of the melon, leaving a two inch strip in between your  half circles.

2.
I then began cutting out my half circles with a sharp kitchen knife.

3.
Your first cut out should look like so...
4.
Next, cut our your other section.
5.
And remove.
6.
TADA, a basket. 
7.
Now you will scoop out all the watermelon inside and throw it into a fruit salad.

Get the kiddies involved with the scooping.
8.
Basket complete.

9.
Lastly, you will fill the inside of your basket with a large piece of wet floral foam. 

10.
Begin cutting down your flowers. I cut my stems in half, and then arranged them how I liked into the floral foam.

THAT'S IT! 
A GORGEOUS, and professional looking floral arrangement for your summer party. I plan on bringing these as hostess gifts all summer long. 

The PERFECT centerpiece!

Happy Crafting!